Now that the weather is warming up in most parts of the world, we’re starting to get back outside during the day. Before you roll out the bikes and the swing sets, don’t forget to do the following:
1) Make sure last season’s bike helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards (and variou other safety equipment) still fit your child.
2) Test the amount of air in bike tires and sports balls.
3) Repair any basketball or soccer nets.
4) Tighten the screws on swingsets and all playground equipment. If your swing set is wooden, don’t forget to check to make sure the wood is still in good condition and small animals/insects haven’t taken up residence in it.
5) And, don’t forget to dust and clean everything off. Since it has likely been sitting in the garage, shed or basement all winter, give it a good scrub to get rid of dust, cobwebs, and creepy crawlers.