One of the biggest stressors in school-aged children is test taking. To help prepare your child for a big test day make sure of the following:
1. The get a good night’s sleep (no all-nighter cramming sessions)
2. They eat breakfast (preferably something that does not contain too much sugar, as that will only increase the jitters)
3. Assure them that it is ok to be a little nervous. That will keep their mind engaged and ready
4. Coach them by telling them to first answer the questions they know and then go back to everything else. Sometimes a simple jogging of the memory to get going is all they will need
5. Last minute backpack check before leaving the house. Do they have the pens/pencils/calculator they need for the test?