Happy Father’s Day to all of you Dads, Granddads, Uncles, and male caretakers out there! You all deserve to be celebrated today.
This Father’s Day, do something a little different. Here’s a list of ideas to help make your Father’s Day memorable:
1. Take a picnic lunch to your favorite park
2. Set up a tent in your backyard and have a day time camp out
3. If it’s raining, hold a picnic movie afternoon in your living room
4. Take a day trip to your favorite town/city/summer spot — and take full control over the car ride music J
5. Go kayaking, boating, or swimming at a local lake or pond
6. Teach your kids how to make your favorite meal
7. Start a memory book with your child about your favorite moments together – you write your memory on one side and your child writes theirs on the other. Include a photo of the event/day. If you’re more tech savvy, put this together on a private blog or Power Point on your computer
8. Start an annual tradition with them, either something you used to do as a child with your dad or granddad or an entirely new activity or adventure, make it something you all plan to do every year
9. Make a movie with your kids. It could be a music video or a narrative movie or stand-up comedy. Film it and then have a big screening of it at the end of the evening – complete with popcorn
10. Switch roles with them. Let them be the dad and you be the kid for a day
However you end up celebrating your special day, make sure you have fun and some time to relax!
Copywritten by Jo Frost