- Paperback (US) and hardcover (UK); 320 pages
- Publisher: Ballantine Books US (published on March 4, 2014) and Orion UK (published on Sept 4, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 034554238X
- ISBN-13: 978-0345542380
From the beloved TV disciplinarian and bestselling author of Supernanny comes an amazingly simple five-step program of Toddler Rules to help parents tame tantrums, prevent bad behavior, and create long-term peace and stability in the home.
Jo Frost has always had a natural gift for connecting with kids, and for helping parents navigate milestones with practical know-how and ease. With the success of her hit TV shows Supernanny, Extreme Parental Guidance, and Family S.O.S. with Jo Frost, she’s proven her ability to calmly (and kindly) rein in unacceptable conduct and bring peace and stability to the home. Now, in this invaluable book, she shows you how to tame your toddler’s tantrums and curb troublesome behavior with decisive action. Frost’s effective five-step program for disciplined parenting addresses such flashpoints as
- Sleep: winning the nightly battles—going to bed and staying in bed
- Food: finishing dinner, even the veggies; trying new things
- Play: sharing toys, defusing fights, making friends
- Learning: listening, understanding, flourishing
- Manners: dealing with rudeness, from acting out to talking back
The key to achieving success with these Toddler Rules is Frost’s proven S.O.S. method: Step Back, Observe, Step In. Complete with troubleshooting tips for living tantrum-free, this welcome, no-nonsense guide has all you need to help your children grow, thrive, and make family time even more precious.