Breathing IS the new sexy. You may not think so but when we breathe properly we begin to feel great inside and out just like when we are feeling sexy. It is something we take for granted however it is the most important bodily function because it is our life force; all other bodily functions depend upon it.
Proper breathing leads to results of improved mood swings. Your body receives more energy, and it is able to reduce your stress. This is because breathing properly improves your circulation and when you are mindful it can certainly help lower your blood pressure and increase your overall concentration and mental performance. Helping daily to eliminate toxin build ups in your body from everyday life. When we breath correctly our oxygen becomes a natural tonic, helping the body to heal, revitalize and rejuvenate.
It can be habitual to hold our breath for long periods of time. When we become mindful of our breathing patterns it will become a major factor in reducing our anxiety, stress and depression. So, if you are feeling low in energy, fatigued, and suffering from panic attacks this is your body’s way of telling you that toxins have built up in your body leaving you feeling all of the above and inflamed.
Even as a wellness coach, I pay attention and mindful of my own breathing daily and sometimes catch myself holding my breath when I am reading on the computer or even driving in the car. At times like this I reset my mind to practice what I teach and regulate my breathing.
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to become more aware of your own breathing:
- Pay attention: Check in often and be conscious of your breathing pattern (Is it shallow or irregular?)
- Is your body tense and/or are your shoulders up near your ears?
- Are you holding your breath now?
- Do you breath from the top half of your body or from the lower half of your body?
Once you’ve assessed your breathing pattern and body tension, here are some simple tips on how to breathe properly:
- Inhale through your nose slowly for a count of 3-4 seconds
- Hold that breath for a count of 3-4 seconds
- Exhale that breathe with a whoosh for a count of 6-8 seconds through your mouth
- Continue this process 4-5 times for about a minute
- Consciously breathe in filling your lungs and abdomen slowly. As you breath in your tummy should slightly rise and shows the correct use of your diaphragm.
Are you ready to feel sexy?
Breath 1- 2- 3-
Note: Please consult with your doctor before starting any new health program[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]