Injuries often occur around the holidays. Here are a five simple tips to help prevent holiday-related injuries:
1. Use step stools instead of furniture when hanging decorations.
2. Keep candles away from children, pets, walkways, trees, and curtains.
3. Never leave fireplaces, stoves, or candles unattended.
4. Don’t use generators or other gasoline-or charcoal-burning devices inside your home or garage.
5. Install a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector in your home. Test them once a month, and replace batteries twice a year.